Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Therapy

Some people need Prozac, Zoloft, or Lexapro. Some people need all of the above, and then some.

I need sunlight, 70 degrees, blue skies, and a long country road. Gravel, preferably.

I need fresh, organic meat, milk, and veggies. Fruit as well.

I need my dogs.

And lastly, I need my Gel Pro Mat and a sink full of dirty dishes that need scrubbin. You haven't lived until you washed dishes standing on a Gel Pro Mat!

I'm sure I'll regret those words soon enough, but oddly, I find washing our dishes by hand very therapeutic. Maybe it's the view from kitchen window, or the fact that the dishes are so pretty. I was never one to like plain white dishes. For a wedding gift, we received these gorgeous white dishes with a faint outline of a bare tree. Simple and stunning. They are relatively heavy duty as well. Hopefully, they will last us many years.

The pups and I had a nice walk today after I was done nannying. It's one of the last good days according to our Tom Skilling. I adore that weatherman! He rarely leads us wrong. A snowstorm out in the western plains will push in freezing rain later this week. Typical November. I keep hearing off hand people mentioning another hard winter. Can't wait...

I can't complain about this gorgeous, long fall we've had. After a non-existent spring, it's nice to have a real season change. The pressure change, I don't care for. After my hand surgery last year, it hurts when the weather changes. It was especially bad last winter, fresh wound and all. I had a dull ache all day. Not bad enough to take anything for, but strong enough I could feel it.

Another thing I'm sure I'll regret, but I am so looking forward to snow! Not the massive blizzard we had last year, but a good foot here and there. A cold, sunny day with nice layer of snow to tromp around in with the dogs is my favorite form of therapy in the winter. That and shopping.

Which reminds me... I need to call our road commissioner and ask him to plow our road.

No comments:

Post a Comment